News:

BE SURE TO POST AT LEAST ONCE!  I crop users that don't bother participating. No free rides.;) Tell us who you are? Where you climb at on 108 usually?  And beta is usually appreciated.

Main Menu

BC Skiing near 108

Started by hyster350, December 17, 2019, 12:38:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hyster350

Hi Rob,

Thanks for all the backcountry skiing information this season.   Sunday a friend and I skied Leavitt Peak and we skied down Blue Canyon to 108.  We started walking up the highway to the pass then a guy and lady in a Toyota truck picked us up and gave us a ride to the pass.  If you know them please tell them we are very thankful for the ride.

The Blue Canyon was ski able just about all the way to 108, there was one spot where we had to take our skis off.  Next weekend there probably wont be enough snow to ski the lower sections.

I also skied No Name Peak and a chute off the McKay Creek near Sardine Falls.

Mark

Mungeclimber

Mark!
That's hilarious! That was me and my spouse. LOL
Didn't occur to me ask about the forum. Lol
Which one were you? :)
Rob
-If granite is the language of climbers, why do I read and write volcanic?

hyster350

Younger one, red ski boots.

Thanks for the ride.

Mark

Mungeclimber

No prob. Glad you got that ride into blue done! I haven't done that and since I've been running the sled whenever there is coverage its been hard to set the time aside to go up that way. Snow is melting fast now.

BoKu

Small world! Mark is an old friend from the aviation world.

hyster350

Hi Bob!

Rob, I am thinking of going rock climbing after work Friday.  Are you available/interested in climbing with me or know of someone going climbing that wouldn't mind me tagging along?

Mark

Mungeclimber

Ordinarily I would! Unfortunately I'm working on what I think is lateral epicondylitis on the right elbow. So I'm useless to even belay for a couple more weeks. I can hike and point out features/routes?! Lol

hyster350

That works. I have only climbed at the Gianelli Edges and I am not familiar with any of the other climbing spots.  I can head out of Twain Harte anytime after 4pm tomorrow.  Let me know where and when you would like to meet.

Mungeclimber

I'll probably be free about then. Sending digits in pm message...

Mungeclimber