News:

BE SURE TO POST AT LEAST ONCE!  I crop users that don't bother participating. No free rides.;) Tell us who you are? Where you climb at on 108 usually?  And beta is usually appreciated.

Main Menu

Started by Mungeclimber, May 31, 2022, 11:23:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mungeclimber

2022 spring corn harvest was had by Tim. Multiple laps a day keeps the doctor away!

Of note, it was weird not seeing the sled tracks. Unfortunately the FS doesn't like the idea of actually sharing the forest. Instead it wants to divide the forest amongst recreational users (as seen in the final record of decision on the OSV and travel management plan). I learned this week that other forests have 'season of use' restrictions but extend it based on conditions. How reasonable? For example this year, once the hwy opened, there was over 4 and half feet in the meadow. More than enough to ride, as has been done for generations. There's a reason why land managers over reach in their initial findings. I suspect its because they anticipate lawsuits, not because its derived from the science, but because they have to show 'they did something' to appease those that complain the loudest and who have large war-chests.
-If granite is the language of climbers, why do I read and write volcanic?

JC w KC redux

I hope the corn wasn't GMO  ::)

Mungeclimber

Nope, gluten free tho!   :)

splitclimber

Got up to the pass the last two weekends for some turns. 

Finally checked out Sonora peak.  Nice hidden north facing lines that I'm fine with sharing here.  We hiked up the st Mary trail.

Also finally got out to ski lake area.  We walked up the road.  FS opened the gate after we took off.

Got a few pitches in at pinecrest buttress, kiddie corral and the mill creek mastiff and had a nice camp right at the east side slab boulder one night. 

Mungeclimber

Pmike

Leavitt was outstanding a couple weeks back!

Mungeclimber