News:

BE SURE TO POST AT LEAST ONCE!  I crop users that don't bother participating. No free rides.;) Tell us who you are? Where you climb at on 108 usually?  And beta is usually appreciated.

Main Menu

The Odyssey Grade V 5.9 C2+ a Trip Report

Started by Mungeclimber, October 11, 2017, 11:08:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mungeclimber

and again on the next pitch. corner, ledge, corner, out left, then back right.

looking back down at it...

That left us at the bottom of the last vertical section of the wall.

a crystalline crack covered in black lichen...

by this time, we're tired of the dirt, but another 1/2 pitch of grovel gets us to the stopping point.

I do what I can to avoid the wyde moss encrusted filth...

Above lower angle terrain will turn into manzanita forests. This 'top' seems somewhat un-eventful. But I realize that the top isn't the point. Sure, while doing it, the top is the driver, the goal, the focal point. But when back on the ground, sitting in this chair, in front of this monitor, the point is the journey. Or to state it another way; The Odyssey.
-If granite is the language of climbers, why do I read and write volcanic?

holo

Mungeclimber

July 2015 was the final push. I just didn't put a trip report up.

Sometimes you don't want to talk to much about it for fear of losing the moment. Then as time fades, you just want to get it back.

holo

F4

Not bad!

Love the granite texture looking down.

Jakeygraves

Mungeclimber

holo

"Donnell's would otherwise be a miniature Yosemite Valley if  it hadn't been flooded for irrigation and agriculture."

The other Yosemite would have been a Yosemite if it had not been flooded to provide water to SF

Mungeclimber

One subsequent attempt, pursuing the first few pitches by Jesse and partner not too long ago.